Lost: Unsolved Mysteries of Canadian Aviation
We are offering this book for $19.00 (GST included) plus $6.00 shipping per copy in Canada.
The publisher's retail price is $21.95 plus GST (plus shipping if purchased online).
by Shirlee Smith Matheson (Frontenac House Ltd., Calgary, AB)
paper, 224 pages, ISBN 978-1-9278231-26-2
Please place your orders by 6 December 2021 if you are concerned about having it delivered before Christmas.
Elements of “unsolved aviation mysteries” in this collection build on Matheson’s former aviation books, Flying the Frontiers Vols. I, II and III, and records both historic and contemporary events:
- civil aircraft thought to have experienced forced landings but have never been found;
- corporate and military aircraft, and airliners, that mysteriously disappeared from the radar screen; some have been found years later with causes unknown, some remain undiscovered to this date;
- “haunted” areas considered dangerous to fly over or into, for various reasons;
- Secrets of the Deep - aircraft and other objects resurrected from rivers, lakes and oceans, and their stories that have for so long lain submerged;
- aviation “capers” and personal disappearances: staged -- or unfortunate tragedies?
Some episodes occurred in Canada involving pilots, crew and passengers; others that happened overseas brought Canadians in on the searches, and the grim -- or mysterious -- aftermath. Without exception, the stories are offered in a spirit of respect and reverence for the many lost souls of the flying fraternity.